Singing Guide: Lil Peep & Lil Tracy
Vocal technique, exercises, tips and relevant resources
Lil Peep and Lil Tracy are known for combining emo music with rap and hip hop, using emotionally charged lyrics and punk-rock aesthetics. Their unique sound and vocal delivery have gained them a considerable following among young audiences.
To learn how to sing like them, you need to focus on developing a raw, emotional, and unfiltered vocal style that doesn't shy away from expressing deep feelings. Here are some tips and practical advice:
- Analyze your voice and identify your vocal range - Use Singing Carrots' vocal range test to determine and compare your range with the singers you admire.
- Understand voice registers and vocal breaks - This knowledge will help you switch between registers effortlessly and avoid vocal strain.
- Learn to breathe with proper technique - Effective breath support is essential for control and power singing, preventing voice strain and damage. Read the Breath support article for more information.
- Practice with warm-up exercises - Use Singing Carrots' breathing and vocal warm-up exercises to prepare your voice before singing.
- Open your mouth and throat - By keeping your mouth open and throat relaxed, you'll produce fuller and clearer sound when singing. Read the Open mouth & throat article for more information.
- Listen and learn from their songs - Lil Peep and Lil Tracy's music features emotional, raw, and unfiltered vocal delivery, highlighting their feelings and conveying them authentically. Choose songs that resonate with you, listen carefully and learn the lyrics.
- Choose songs that fit your vocal range - Look for the songs that fit your vocal range and explore Singing Carrots' songbook to find more options.
- Use Singing Carrots' pitch accuracy test - To improve your pitch accuracy and make sure that you're singing in tune.
- Experiment with contemporary vocal techniques - Heavy Modal, Twang, Belting, Vibrato, Chest Voice, Growling, and Distortion are some of the techniques used by Lil Peep and Lil Tracy, and they can add more emotions to your singing. Use Singing Carrots' skill-related videos to master these techniques.
- Embrace your own authentic voice - Learn from Lil Peep and Lil Tracy, but don't mimic them. Find your own voice and feel comfortable and authentic when singing. Read the How to find your own authentic voice article for more information.
By following these tips and practicing regularly, you'll be on your way to singing like Lil Peep and Lil Tracy. Remember to monitor your progress using Singing Carrots' progress statistics and take good care of your voice by following the vocal health advice in Singing Carrots' articles. Good luck on your singing journey!