Singing Guide: Into the Woods (Movie)
Vocal technique, exercises, tips and relevant resources
Have you ever wanted to learn how to sing like the enchanting Meryl Streep in Into the Woods? In this article, we'll explore the unique vocal style of Meryl Streep and give you some tips and exercises to help you develop your sweet-sounding voice.
Meryl Streep is an Academy Award-winning actress known for her incredible range. Her voice exemplifies control, precision, and artistry. In Into the Woods, Streep sang in a unique style that married classic Broadway tones with deep, expressive singing. The result was a layered, nuanced performance that left audiences wanting more.
To sing like Meryl Streep in Into the Woods, you need to focus on the following:
- Breath Control: Vocal control is crucial. Take some time every day to practice breathing exercises, such as those explained in this article on breath support.
- Pitch Accuracy: Achieving pitch accuracy is a crucial step in singing like Meryl Streep. Check your pitch accuracy using our accurate pitch test. If you need to work on your pitch, try incorporating our pitch-training program.
- Phrasing: Streep's phrasing is unique and varied. To develop your phrasing skills, try to learn some of Streep's songs by heart. You can use Singing Carrots' Song Search to find pieces that fit your vocal range and genre preferences.
- Articulation: Meryl Streep's enunciation is distinct and crisp, so it is vital to work on your articulation. Use the articulation guide to aid you in clarifying your speech.
Here are some exercises that you may find helpful in channeling Meryl Streep's signature vocal style:
- Pitch Practice: Practice matching pitch with the Farinelli breathing exercise.
- Articulation: Try warm-up exercises like the Humming technique to hone your articulation skills.
- Breath Support & Posture: Improve your singing and breathing habits by incorporating the breathing basics and good posture.
- Voice Registers: Streep's unique vocal style highlights her chest voice. Incorporate some of the chest voice explainers from Singing Carrots to help develop this part of your voice.
- Vocal Health: To keep your singing voice in shape, take good care of it by nurturing good vocal health practices outlined in this article.
In conclusion, with the right vocal training, anyone can learn to sing like Meryl Streep in Into the Woods. By incorporating the tips and exercises mentioned above, you too can develop your unique vocal style and take your singing to new heights!