Singing Guide: Here's Love
Vocal technique, exercises, tips and relevant resources
If you want to learn how to sing like "Here's Love" original cast member Janice Abbott, you are in the right place! Abbott has a bright, beautiful voice with a fantastic range and excellent vibrato. In this article, we will explore her unique vocal technique, identify her most iconic songs, and provide you with tips and resources from Singing Carrots to help you achieve a similar sound.
Unique Vocal Technique:
Janice Abbott's signature vocal technique is her use of vibrato. She highly stylizes her singing voice using a rapid, but controlled vibrato that is present throughout her performing career. One of her trademarks is her ability to control vibrato with the breath. Her control of vibrato not only allows her to produce powerful yet soothing melodies but also to express feelings without compromising her breath control.
One of Janice Abbott's most famous performances is "My State, My Kansas". This song has an upbeat tempo and is an ode to her homeland with the theme based on the famous novel "The Wizard of Oz". Other classic songs that showcase Abbott's incredible voice include "Pine Cones and Holly Berries", "You Don't Know", and "Dear Mister Santa Claus".
To improve your singing like Janice Abbott, follow the below practical tips:
- Find your vocal range: Try Singing Carrots` Vocal range test to know your vocal range and improve your ability to sing across your range.
- Control your vibrato: Singing Carrots' article on Singing with Vibrato can help you understand how and when to use vibrato.
- Learn breathing basics: Singing Carrots' article on Breathing basics will help you develop the correct breathing technique, a vital aspect of singing, which is necessary to enhance your vocal dynamics.
- Sing with correct posture: Ensure you are sitting or standing-up straight while singing to maintain a stable diaphragm.
- Use Voice registers: Understand the concept of voice registers and vocal breaks with Singing Carrots` Voice Registers & Vocal Break article.
Singing Carrots Resources:
To support your journey to learning to sing like Janice Abbott, here are some must-try resources from Singing Carrots:
- Vocal range test: Sing a few notes and find out your vocal range. https://singingcarrots.com/range-test
- Singing training: An interactive course that covers everything from singing theory to practical tips. https://singingcarrots.com/singing-beginners
- Mixed Voice exercises: Singing Carrots' video showing how to transition between your chest voice and head voice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF_TfWIF8ZA
- Singing with Vibrato: Learn how and when to use vibrato. https://singingcarrots.com/blog/singing-with-vibrato/
Janice Abbott's singing stands as an excellent example of vibrato control and powerful yet soothing melodies. With the above practical tips and Singing Carrots` resources, you can improve your singing technique and learn how to sing like Janice Abbott. Happy learning!