Singing Guide: Blake Shelton feat. Gwen Stefani
Vocal technique, exercises, tips and relevant resources
Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani: Singing Tips
If you want to learn how to sing like Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani, you need to master either country music or pop, rock, and ska.
- Start by determining your vocal range so you can choose the right country songs from Blake Shelton's repertoire that showcase your unique voice. You can take the Singing Carrots Vocal Range Test for that.
- Listen more closely to Blake Shelton’s music to mimic his twang, breathiness, sustain, and straight tone. A good starting point would be his showcase songs 'God's Country' and 'Honeybee.'
- Enroll in our Singing Carrots pitching training, which offers pitch-based vocal exercises and lessons to improve your accuracy and consistency.
- Singing along with karaoke tracks can be a great way of learning the songs.
- To sing like Gwen Stefani, determine your vocal range first. You can take the Singing Carrots Vocal Range Test to know your range.
- To mimic Gwen Stefani's energy and power, check out 'Hollaback Girl' and 'Wind It Up.'
- Improve your pitch accuracy by taking the Singing Carrots Pitch Accuracy Test, which accurately assesses pitch accuracy by assessing your ability to match simple melodies.
- Enroll in our Singing Carrots pitching training so you can improve your accuracy and consistency.
- Open up your mouth and throat wide, utilize breath support, avoid constriction, and know how to breathe correctly to sing softly. Check out our Singing Carrots Breathing Basics, Breath Support, Active and Passive Breathing, and Why to Open Your Mouth and Throat While Singing articles.
Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani are incredibly talented musicians with unique styles. Follow the tips above whether you prefer country or pop/ska to sing like them. Use Singing Carrots' vocal-training resources and exercises to develop your skillset and improve your singing ability.