Singing Guide: North Point InsideOut
Vocal technique, exercises, tips and relevant resources
Are you trying to learn how to sing like North Point InsideOut? Here's what you need to know.
North Point InsideOut is a contemporary Christian worship band from Georgia. Their music is known for its high energy and catchy melodies that stick in your head, but there is more to their success than just a catchy hook. One thing that sets North Point InsideOut apart is their use of harmony and layered vocals. In this article, I'll explain how to learn singing like North Point InsideOut and highlight some of their best songs showcasing their unique vocal style.
Harmony and Layered Vocals
One of the biggest hallmarks of the North Point InsideOut sound is their use of harmonies and layered vocals. If you want to learn how to sing like them, you need to work on your harmony skills. Harmonies can be tricky to learn, so it's essential to have good pitch control and a solid understanding of music theory. Singing Carrots has some great resources to help you with these skills:
- Vocal range test: Before you can start singing harmonies, you need to know your vocal range. This resource provides a simple and fun way to determine your range.
- Pitch accuracy test: To sing harmonies, you must have excellent pitch control. This pitch accuracy test is a great way to train your ear and improve your pitch.
Once you have a good understanding of your vocal range and pitch control, you can start practicing harmonies. Start by singing along with the melody of your favorite North Point InsideOut songs. As you become comfortable with the melody, try adding in the harmony parts. Singing Carrots' song search tool can help you find North Point InsideOut songs that match your vocal range.
North Point InsideOut Songs
Here are some of North Point InsideOut's best songs showcasing their unique vocal style:
- "Every Beat" - This song has an infectious chorus that showcases the band's use of harmony and layered vocals. The harmonies in the chorus are tight and well-executed, making it a great song to practice your harmony skills.
- "Here I Am" - This song features a slower tempo and a more stripped-down production, allowing the harmonies to shine. The harmonies in the chorus are simple but effective, providing an excellent example of how to use harmonies to create a rich and full sound.
- "All Creatures" - This song has a more complex arrangement with several vocal parts layered on top of each other. The different parts come together to create a soaring chorus that is the highlight of the song.
North Point InsideOut Resources
Singing Carrots has several resources that can help you learn singing like North Point InsideOut:
- Pitch Training: This interactive vocal warm-up and pitch training tool can help you improve your pitch control, a crucial skill for singing harmonies.
- Singing course: This comprehensive course covers singing theory and practical tips, providing a solid foundation for any aspiring singer.
- Vocal health: Singing can take a toll on your voice, so it's essential to take care of it. This article provides tips for keeping your voice healthy.
In conclusion, if you want to learn how to sing like North Point InsideOut, you need to work on your harmony and pitch control skills. Sing along with their songs, practice your harmonies, and use Singing Carrots' resources to improve your technique. With persistence and practice, you can learn to sing like North Point InsideOut and create your own unique sound.