Singing Guide: Lil Tjay & 6LACK
Vocal technique, exercises, tips and relevant resources
Lil Tjay is a young rapper and singer-songwriter from The Bronx, NY. He is known for bringing a fresh sound to the world of hip-hop and R&B. In this article, we’ll dive into Lil Tjay's unique vocal technique and his most popular songs which showcase it. We’ll also provide practical advice and relevant Singing Carrots resources if you want to learn singing like Lil Tjay.
Lil Tjay's Unique Vocal Technique
Lil Tjay's unique vocal technique is his ability to blend singing with rapping. He is known for his melodic, auto-tuned vocals, which he uses to create catchy hooks and choruses. His signature style is often described as a mix of traditional hip-hop and R&B.
To learn how to sing like Lil Tjay, start by analyzing your vocal range using the Vocal range test. Lil Tjay's vocal range is typically within the tenor range. Practice singing within that range and try to add your own unique spin to it.
Another important aspect of Lil Tjay's vocal technique is his use of vibrato. Vibrato is the rapid variation in pitch that occurs when a singer's voice rapidly varies between pitches. It adds texture and character to a singer's voice. To learn how to use vibrato in your own singing, check out this Singing with Vibrato article.
Lil Tjay also uses falsetto, which is a singing technique that allows singers to hit high notes without overstraining their vocal cords. For more tips on how to properly use falsetto, check out this Chest Voice Explained video.
Lil Tjay Songs to Showcase his Technique
Here are some of Lil Tjay's most popular songs that showcase his unique vocal technique:
- Leaked: This song is a great example of Lil Tjay's ability to blend singing and rapping. The hook is incredibly catchy and will get stuck in your head all day.
- Calling My Phone: This song is a collaboration with 6LACK and is another great example of Lil Tjay's use of melodic auto-tuned vocals.
- 20/20: This song showcases Lil Tjay's use of falsetto and vibrato. It’s a slow and emotional song that demonstrates his versatility as a singer.
Practical Advice to Learn Singing Like Lil Tjay
Here are some practical tips to help you learn singing like Lil Tjay:
- Improve your breathing technique by checking out the Breathing basics article.
- Learn how to analyze and control your voice using this How to analyze your voice article.
- Practice your vocal range and pitch accuracy with the Vocal range test and the Pitch accuracy test.
- Warm up your voice with this Farinelli Breathing exercise.
- Develop your chest voice and voice registers with this Singing Comfort Zone exercise.
- Improve your diction and articulation with the Finger Bite exercise.
By using the Singing Carrots platform along with the above tips, you'll be well on your way to learning how to sing like Lil Tjay.
So, go forth and sing your heart out like the Bronx’s Lil Tjay with the help of Singing Carrots!