Singing Guide: Justin Bieber feat. BEAM
Vocal technique, exercises, tips and relevant resources
If you want to sing like Justin Bieber, you should start with understanding his unique style. Justin is known for his high, falsetto voice, which he often uses in contrast to his low, smooth voice. One of his most popular songs is "Baby" featuring Ludacris. In this song, Justin sings in both his high and low voice and integrates falsetto runs. Listen to this song carefully to understand his style.
Justin's distinctive vocal technique involves the use of falsetto runs, vibrato, and high-pitched notes. To improve your singing, you can use the Singing Carrots platform and its vocal range test to determine your vocal range, which you should then work on expanding. You can practice your pitch accuracy with the pitch accuracy test and track your progress with the progress statistics feature.
For best results, follow these tips:
- Analyze your voice to identify areas where you need to improve. Use Singing Carrots' articles on analyzing your voice and breathing basics.
- Work on your breathing technique to support your singing. Singing Carrots' articles on breath support and active and passive breathing can help you improve.
- Keep your mouth and throat open to avoid constrictions. To learn more about this, read Singing Carrots' article on why to open mouth and throat while singing.
- Learn Justin's songs and practice along with them to understand his style better. You can use Singing Carrots' song search feature to find songs matching your vocal range and difficulty.
- Make sure you learn the lyrics and melody by heart. Singing Carrots' article on how to learn a song effectively can help you with this.
- Watch Justin's live performances to get a sense of his stage presence and how he interacts with the audience.
- Use Singing Carrots' educational singing course to get basic singing theory and practical tips.
- Warm up with Singing Carrots' pitch training educational singing game that includes exercises for range and agility.
Finally, here are some Singing Carrots' resources that can help you to improve specific aspects:
- For learning to warm up your voice, try Farinelli Breathing.
- For learning to perform with emotion control, use the Relaxing Breath.
- For learning to sing in twang like Justin, try this How to Twang Exercise.
- For singings with Vibrato, learn from Beggars Bounce and Diaphragm Bounce.
- To work on articulation, try Finger Bite.
- To learn how to get better at Chest Voice/Voice Registers, check out Singing Comfort Zone and Chest Voice Explained.
- For singing in mixed voice, watch Mixed Voice.
- To practice sustaining vocal notes, try Sustain Vocal.
With dedication and practice, you can learn to sing like Justin Bieber and develop your own unique vocal style.