Singing Guide: David Lambert
Vocal technique, exercises, tips and relevant resources
If you're a fan of David Lambert's singing style and want to learn how to sing like him, you're in the right place. David Lambert is a talented singer and actor known for his catchy pop songs and unique vocal stylings. In this article, we'll break down some of David's signature techniques and show you how to develop your own skills to match.
Understanding David's Vocal Technique
David Lambert is known for his bright and energetic singing style. To sing like him, you'll need to master a few key techniques, including:
- Breath support: David's voice is known for its clarity and precision, which he achieves through a strong foundation of breath support. You can learn more about breath support in this blog post and practice with this Farinelli breathing exercise.
- Articulation: David's singing style is very crisp and clear, with each word enunciated perfectly. You can work on your own articulation with this finger bite exercise.
- Mixed voice: David is a master of the mixed voice, using a blend of chest and head resonance to achieve a smooth, balanced sound. You can learn more about mixed voice and how to develop it in this video on voice registers.
- Vibrato: David uses vibrato tastefully to add expression and personality to his singing. You can practice vibrato with this Beggars Bounce exercise.
- Stage presence: In addition to his vocal technique, David is known for his dynamic stage presence and electric performances. You can learn more about performing on stage with these tips for stage fright and advice for performing.
Learning David's Songs
To really master David's vocal technique, you'll need to study his songs and incorporate his style into your own singing. Here are a few David Lambert songs that showcase his vocal skills:
- Outlaws: This upbeat pop anthem features David's signature mixed voice and energetic stage presence. You can listen to the song here and practice the vocals with this chest voice explanation.
- Alright: This funky track highlights David's vibrato and vocal control. You can listen to the song here and practice your own vibrato with this diaphragm bounce exercise.
- Run Wild: This acoustic ballad showcases David's breath control and emotional delivery. You can listen to the song here and practice your own breath control with this sustain vocal exercise.
Singing Carrots Resources
In addition to these tips and David Lambert's songs, Singing Carrots provides a wide range of resources to help you improve your vocal technique and develop your own style. Here are a few resources that might be useful as you work on your singing:
- Vocal range test: Take this vocal range test to determine your own range and compare it with David's.
- Pitch accuracy test: Practice your pitch accuracy with this simple melody test.
- Pitch Training: Develop your pitch accuracy and other vocal skills with this interactive training tool.
- Song search: Find songs that fit your vocal