Singing Guide: Anne Wilson
Vocal technique, exercises, tips and relevant resources
Learning to Sing Like Anne Wilson
Anne Wilson is an iconic singer-songwriter and musician best known as the lead vocalist of the rock band Heart. Her powerful voice and unique vocal techniques have influenced countless singers, and learning to sing like her can help you develop your own style and range.
Analyzing Your Voice
To start, take the vocal range test at Singing Carrots. This will help you determine your vocal range and identify areas for improvement when compared with Anne Wilson's.
Voice Type and Technique
Anne Wilson is a soprano with an impressive range and control. To learn how to sing like her, you need to understand the basics of breathing, voice registers, and articulation, which are all covered in this breathing basics article.
To develop Anne Wilson's unique vocal technique, you need to pay attention to her use of twang. Twang is a contemporary vocal technique used to produce a bright, edgy sound. To learn more about twang and how to practice it, use Singing Carrots' How to Twang Exercise video.
Songs to Learn
Anne Wilson has an extensive body of work that showcases her vocal range and power. Here are some examples of songs that can help you develop your own singing style while learning from her:
- "Crazy on You"
- "Dog and Butterfly"
- "What About Love"
Singing Tips and Tricks
As you learn to sing like Anne Wilson, use these practical tips from Singing Carrots' educational singing course to improve your technique:
- Practice every day, even if only for a few minutes
- Learn how to warm up properly with Singing Carrots' Farinelli Breathing video.
- Focus on proper breathing and posture for improved support and sound quality (how posture affects your singing).
- Pay attention to your articulation to improve your clarity and diction.
- Sing like you mean it (with intuition, skill, emotion, and thinking) as discussed in the Singing with intuition, skills, emotion, and thinking blog post.
Singing Carrots Resources
Make use of Singing Carrots tools to help you learn to sing like Anne Wilson:
- Vocal Pitch Monitor to see your sung notes on a virtual piano.
- Pitch Training to train your pitch and increase your range and agility.
- Search songs to find songs that match your vocal range, difficulty, and genre preference.
- Educational singing course for comprehensive learning.
By following these tips and utilizing the tools and resources provided by Singing Carrots, you can learn to sing like Anne Wilson and develop your singing skills and style.