How to Learn Singing “This Masquerade” by George Benson
Learning to sing a particular song can be a rewarding and enjoyable experience. In this article, we will explore how to learn to sing “This Masquerade” by George Benson. This song showcases George Benson’s unique vocal technique and is a classic in the jazz genre.
To start learning this song, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the vocal range required. You can use the Vocal Range Test on Singing Carrots to determine your own vocal range and compare it with George Benson’s range. This will help you understand where your voice fits in the song.
Next, you can use the Pitch Accuracy Test to assess your pitch accuracy. Singing along with the melody of “This Masquerade” will help you identify any areas where you may need to work on your pitch. The Vocal Pitch Monitor tool can also be helpful in visualizing your sung notes on a virtual piano.
Now that you have a good understanding of your vocal range and pitch accuracy, let’s dive into the unique vocal technique used in “This Masquerade.” George Benson is known for his smooth and soulful voice, combining elements of jazz, R&B, and pop. In this song, he demonstrates excellent control over his voice, showcasing his exceptional phrasing and ability to convey emotions through his singing.
To learn and emulate his vocal technique, it is essential to pay attention to various aspects of your singing. The following Singing Carrots articles can provide valuable insights and practical advice on these topics:
- How to Analyze Your Voice: Understanding your voice is crucial for improving your singing technique.
- Voice Types: Discover your voice type and how it relates to George Benson’s singing style.
- Breathing Basics: Learn the importance of active and passive breathing techniques while singing.
- Voice Registers & Vocal Break: Understand voice registers and how they contribute to your vocal performance.
- Breath Support: Develop proper breath support for control and stability in your singing.
- Open Mouth & Throat: Discover why opening your mouth and throat is essential for a resonant and rich sound.
- How to Learn a Song Effectively: Learn strategies for efficient and effective song learning.
- Pop/Jazz vs Classical singing: Explore the specific vocal techniques utilized in this genre.
To develop your vocal skills and practice singing “This Masquerade” in a structured way, Singing Carrots provides a range of resources:
- Pitch Training – Educational Singing Game: Use this interactive vocal warm-up tool, pitch visualizer, and exercises for range and agility.
- Search songs by vocal range: Find songs that match your vocal range, difficulty, and genre preference.
- Vocal ranges of famous singers: Discover the vocal ranges of over 5000 famous singers, including George Benson.
- Educational singing course: Get access to a comprehensive singing course for beginners.
Remember, practice and dedication are key to mastering any song. Take your time, work on each aspect of your technique, and enjoy the process of learning “This Masquerade” by George Benson.